Visiting Nashville - What to See and Do
(Nashville International Airport BNA, Tennessee - TN, USA)
The city is a major attraction for upwards of six million visitors per year. With a number of live music venues and southern-style cooking set amid a backdrop of rolling green hills, it is not difficult to soak up the special country atmosphere that pervades the city.
The city plays host to the famous Grand Opry broadcast, a favorite attraction.
Ten things you must do in Nashville
- Spend a night at The Opryland Hotel Indoor Garden. You'll be amazed.
- Get your photograph taken at the Parthenon and tell all your friends you went to Greece.
- Wear a Stetson down to the Grand Ole Opry for the finest live country performances in the world.
- Act like a big kid at Wave Country and cool off in the fun-packed water attractions.
- Spend some time at the Tennessee State Fair, one of the biggest events of the calendar year.
- Go jogging in one of Nashville's city parks and enjoy the greenery and nature the city has to offer.
- Pay your respects to those who lost their lives in Vietnam at the Nashville War Memorial.
- Go busking on Music Row and see if you can get a record deal.
- Take a cruise and dine aboard the General Jackson Showboat for an evening to remember.
- Go wine tasting at Nashville's largest commercial winery, Beachaven.